1. Yongqi Huang, Huaiqing Cao, and Zhirong Liu*. Three-dimensional domain swapping in the protein structure space.Proteins: Struct. Funct. Bioinform. 80, 1610 (2012).
2. Jinying Wang, Zhongfan Liu, and Zhirong Liu*. First-principles study of the transport behavior of zigzag graphene nanoribbons tailored by strain. AIP Adv. 2, 012103 (2012).
3. Mingmei Yang, Lin Zhou, Jinying Wang, Zhongfan Liu*, and Zhirong Liu*. Evolutionary chlorination of graphene: from charge-transfer complex to covalent bonding and non-bonding. J. Phys. Chem. C 116, 844 (2012).
4. Hue Sun Chan, Zhuqing Zhang, Stefan Wallin, and Zhirong Liu. Cooperativity, local-nonlocal coupling, and nonnative interactions: principles of protein folding from coarse-grained models. Annu. Rev. Phys. Chem. 62, 301 (2011).
5. Yongqi Huang and Zhirong Liu*. Anchoring intrinsically disordered proteins to multiple targets: lessons from N-terminus of the p53 protein. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 12, 1410 (2011).
6. Fangping Ouyang, Shenglin Peng, Zhongfan Liu*, and Zhirong Liu*. Bandgap opening in graphene antidot lattices: the missing half. ACS Nano 5, 4023 (2011).
7. Yongqi Huang and Zhirong Liu*. Smoothing molecular interactions: the “kinetic buffer” effect of intrinsically disordered proteins. Proteins: Struct. Funct. Bioinform. 78, 3251 (2010).
8. Zhirong Liu, Lynn Zechiedrich, and Hue Sun Chan. Action at hooked or twisted–hooked DNA juxtapositions rationalizes unlinking preference of type-2 topoisomerases. J. Mol. Biol. 400, 963 (2010).
9. Yongqi Huang and Zhirong Liu*. Nonnative interactions in coupled folding and binding processes of intrinsically disordered proteins. PLoS ONE 5, e15375 (2010).
10. Yang Li, Xiaowei Jiang, Zhongfan Liu, and Zhirong Liu*. Strain effects in graphene and graphene nanoribbons: the underlying mechanism. Nano Res. 3, 545 (2010).